Friday, August 19, 2011

Hello The Lake!


I'll be posting without pictures until I can figure out why they are not uploading. Sorry.

This morning I treated myself to bacon at Cheryl's Diner. Now I can't even remember when the last time was that I ate bacon. Real bacon, thick cut, not to crisp so you can suck the fat right out of it kind of bacon. It was heaven. As I was eating breakfast, a serendipitous moment happened. My theme song from FTAV came on the radio. Cool Change by the Little River Band. Wasn't that awesome? Anastamosis, again.
So on the way, and when I had cell service, I checked in with the boys and Sapphire. Seems like as of today, everything is in order at Termino.
The ride to Mono Lake was longer than expected today as Kern County was upgrading Highway 178. Ugh! When i finally got to Highway 14, the road opened up and it became smooth sailing. Although I was tempted, I did not go into warp speed mode. I'm afraid of what I may become.
As I approached Lone Pine, I paid close attention to the mountain ridges before me. I am happy to report that I saw Mt Whitney from Highway 395. It is still there....still with snow. How the heck did I miss it last year? It's so, well..., it's the highest peak in the contiguous United States. Then around 4:30 I drove into Lee Vining. Finally, Mono Lake. To me, Mono Lake is glorious. I can't wait to canoe it. I checked into the El Mono Motel and Latte De Cafe and quickly unloaded and made my way to the Mono Lake Committee tourist information center. I am all caught up on the local color.
I'm happy to say that I will be here for a few days. Going outside to watch for meteors!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you finally got to see Mt Whitney, and finally reached Mono Lake, I think Doug and I have been to Lee Vining when we use to have the motor home, so many years ago. Have fun canoeing and find some wine if you can! Looking forward to reading more good times and pictures of your trip. Love Bev

    ReplyDelete