Friday, August 12, 2011

Final Days

After spending a few days at Mono Lake, my canoeing adventure, Bridgeport, June Lake, Virginia Lakes, dinner at the Whoa Nellie Deli, and hopefully some "catch and release", I will head south on a huge quest....Finding Mt. Whitney.
If you recall, on FTAV, I was embarrassed to report that I missed Mt. Whitney. Yes, I missed seeing the highest peak in the contiguous United States. Thank goodness my Latte Da friend Cathie, of Virtually Nomadic shared this picture with me. Now  that I am sure what Mt. Whitney looks like,  I will find it. No excuse! I just hope it still looks like this picture. I’ll be staying there for a couple of days, hiking the Alabama Hills, touring the Lone Pine Movie Museum, and water aerobics and a soak at the Keough Hot Springs.
Once I have exhausted myself at Lone Pine, population 1,610, I will be driving home to Long Beach.
So I'll be spending the weekend getting myself organized, packing, and getting the house in Long Beach,  boy safe.
Stay tuned for road trip blogging. It is going to be a great ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment