Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Farewell to Long Beach

Hello Everyone,

It's the night before Frances Takes Another Vacation and I am making my final preparations for this next adventure. The car has been inspected, the emergency kit is in place, emergency numbers are on the fridge, the flashlight,is under the seat, maps are ready and updated, GPS is working, books are packed...Vertical by Rex Pickett, and Does the Noise In My Head Bother You? by Steven Tyler, (No Neurology on this vacation!) and my ITouch has everything from Aerosmith to Bruce Springsteen to Jackson Browne to Django. I am happy that unlike last year, I took some time off to organize myself so that I don't have to bring things like the kitchen sink on this journey. I am ready.
As you know, this trip is dedicated to those people who helped me survive a challenging year. I'd like to send a special thanks to a few ...first...my sister, who has not had a vacation since I can remember. She is the hardest working person I know. She is a duplicate of our Father; Meg, who knows me inside out and lets me do all the talking; Karen, my BFF who I will not get to see on this trip but will think of everyday as I always do; my father in law, the Colonel, a traveler with gumption (little did you know how contagious you were); Maria, my new friend and Pilates instructor...part of my Anastamosis; Santy, always telling it like it is; Doug and Bev, Cheers!; the Burt Boys who love me for doing this trip and especilly love that they will have a man-cave for a week; and finally, my beloved, if it had not been for you, I wouldn't be who I am.
Wednesday first stop, Our Lady Queen of Angels, Downtown LA
Destination for Wednesday dinner...The Kern River

2 comments:

  1. So awesome, Fran.. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wOnderful trip, enjoy the books Vertical is rated "R". Looking forward to reading your blog daily. Relax, enjoy the scenery and well see you when you get home. Oh, I love your hat (is it a bathing cap?). Love, Doug & Bev

    ReplyDelete