Sunday, August 7, 2011

A Committment To Have An Excellent Adventure!

The Adventure:
Travel Parts of Southern, Eastern and NorthEastern California in my 2006 Red Convertible Beetle, by myself, for one week.

The Goals:
1.) Reconnect with my lake...Mono Lake, and all the seagulls, brine shrimp and alkaline flies that live there
2.) Get back to a sense of peace and relaxation
3.) Marvel at our beautiful home state of California
4.) Find Mt. Whitney this time
 
Icing on The Cake: A day visit with my childhood best friend Karen and her husband Tim.

The Challenge:
I have no map reading skills! None! Zero, Zip!


The Risk:
Leaving my sons alone for one week in LB and coming home to definite mayhem and disorder. I know, it happened last year!

The Plan:
I will be leaving my home in LB, Cali on Wednesday, August 17th at 8:00am. My son Casey will be Base Camp Chief at our home headquarters. Each evening, I will be blogging a summary of the days events for my life archives and also for your entertainment. I will be visiting a few places that were significant for Randy and I, make new friends, and I will also be adding a few new adventures that I will claim as my own.

My Oath:
I promise to call Casey twice a day so my location is known at all times, I promise not to stray from my planned itinerary (unless I simply can't resist), I will keep my cell on at all times, I will not pick up hitch hikers, I will rest when I am tired, I will eat when I am hungry , I will lock my doors, I will take my top off during the day, I will pull my top up at night, I will not let the gas tank get below half, and I will have a most excellent adventure!

Your Job:
Enjoy California with me, make comments, give suggestions, share your stories and keep and eye on Casey and Tyler.



2 comments:

  1. Way to go GIRL! You will have "THE TIME OF YOU LIFE" and I am getting excited for you, sorry I don't know of any wineriers to recommend at this time, but just bring me back a bottle of what ever red wine you like and I'll pay you for it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I honestly wish I were doing the same. How wonderful for you and all of us!

    ReplyDelete